I rekindled my love for photography in 2016 after the birth of my youngest child, shot my first birth in early 2017, & have documented over 10 births since that time. I've dedicated the last 3 years to capturing beautiful & emotive images for families in the Maryland, DC, & Virginia areas. My vision is to celebrate diversity & inclusion in my photographs & provide all families with memories & keepsakes that capture the legacy of their unscripted lives as it unfolds.
Part of who I am has a lot to do with why I connect so well with the genre of candid, documentary-style photography. I'm pretty mellow, sentimental, easy-going, and introverted - my artistic eye is naturally drawn to the attentive, physical interactions, & connections between people.
If you asked me what my ideal job would be - I would have to say ALL things pregnancy, birth, & photography! This isn't a fad for me. I believe that I was innately gifted for this work & choose to do it with my entire heart & soul.
Committed To Excellence
As a member of the International Association of Professional Birth Photographers, it's my duty to uphold the code of ethics put in place. When you decide to work with me, please know that I do my job with a great level of professionalism, honesty, integrity, and present myself with the utmost respect within your birth space and to the medical professionals that care for you.
Outside Of Photography...
- I'm a former teen mom with 3 widely spaced & uniquely gifted children ages 22, 14, & 3 years!
- I have a background as a certified medical assistant & phlebotomist. Once upon a time I wanted to be a labor & delivery nurse, but that ship sailed when I was severely humbled by the mighty microbiology course that still haunts me to this day. *heavy sigh*
- If I'm invited into your home, you better believe my shoes are coming off at the door - it's just a habit.
- Give me all the inspirational & motivational podcasts... and some good ol' 90's throwback jams.
- I think working on your birthday should be outlawed!
- Road trips, beaches, mountain views, & cabin getaways are my favorite pastime.
- I have a seriously unhealthy addiction to chips. Send help!!
- Plant based food is life!
“Life isn't perfect, but the bonds we share with those we love are the imperfectly perfect balance of beautiful chaos & uninhibited realness - the driving force to my creativity.”
Hospital birth, birth center, and homebirth and documentary fresh 48 and newborn photographer and videographer centrally located to Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington DC - near Fort Meade, Gambrills, Odenton, Severn, Severna Park, Arnold, Pasadena, Glen Burnie, Laurel, Columbia, Davidsonville, Crofton, Howard County, Ellicott City, Silver Spring, Bowie, Upper Marlboro, Rockville, Gaithersburg, and Arlington, Fairfax, and Alexandria in Virginia.